Sunday, August 27, 2006

Less Ranting, More Raving.

I have taken a leaf out of Zehra's wily blog and decided that the only true way to post your thoughts is to sit in a cafe with wi-fi and do it the New Jersey way.. so here I am, at The Commons owned by The Oprah Winfrey herself, abusing her wi-fi and filling out my stomach with the yummiest chocolate milkshake ever to hit this planet. With all this plumfort (not quite plush, not quiet comfort), do I feel like a true Blogger of the 21st century? Hell yeah baby, hell yeah...

A fly just flew into my chocolate milkshake, it is now a chocolate protein shake.. Mmm.

The life of Byron continues on unabated and unbashful as ever before. The grindstone of work attempts to churn the life out of life, and the when the weekend comes the batteries charge for one more week. The daily or weekly slog of life is the same the world over. Don't kid yourself. The grass IS greener on the otherside, so everyone thinks. But the reality of life is that computers will rule your world for every and a day and so will your boss. Throughout this wonderful exciting planet we call Earth, no matter where you reside you will still eat, shit, work, breathe, spend, earn, rack up credit, hate politicians, attempt to fuck the system, be part of the system, and drink coffee thats never quite right. You will bitch about your friends. You will be glad you have friends, wherever you are and whoever they are. You will press Snooze when your alarm clock goes off. You will drink too much and regret it in the morning. You will cough up your lungs by midday the following day, and promise to quite smoking. You will live to work, and fein that you work to live. You will watch TV. You will bitch about what's on TV. You will listen to the same music, be it DJ Punjabi or Britney Spears, it's still pop. You will be part of the daily grind. And that's life.

This is where I like to pretend I say, "But not me. I choose life". And recount about how I watched Trainspotting throughout the week, and then Click with Adam Sandler and it all made sense. Not me, I choose life. I am going to live life to the fullest and not be part of that daily grind. Well, bullocks. I fucked the system. I fuck the system. But I still get fucked by the system just like Darrell hair who upheld the system. It's all a matter of degrees..

I like my job. I like my life. I really don't have a heck of a lot to complain about. Afterall, I am sitting in Oprah's cafe typing on my laptop and communicating to millions of people around the world (well, maybe tens of people via this blog, but whatever). I am listening to funky music that makes me want to type quicker. I am over consuming and over compensating for every other aspect of my life. And I love it. Work will always have components in it that are not enjoyable, and referencing myself, that's why they don't call it funtime. But you can get stuff out of work. I love going to the field and talking with beneficiaries, or even listening to Cat Empire while I journey through some well wicked scenery. I like looking at the projects we do and always being amazed by the good work that goes on here. I don't like writing reports or getting on other people's nerves by making them submit reports. I love my social life too. I like going out and having fun and spending time with Embo. It's about getting the right mix of both..

So if you have something that you want to bitch about.. bitch away my friend. Bitch to whoever will listen. Bitch like you have never bitched before. But goddamit, bitch like it's the last day of your life and stop fucking bitching and get back to enjoying it all.

I don't know why I ranted on about that.. the obvious answer would be that I am sick of people bitching to me about work and life. Maybe its because of the realisation that life is the same no matter where you are, and people expect it to be different because I live next to a war zone on a tropical island. Whatever. I think I will leave it to Frued who always puts it best, "It's because you want to have sexual relations with your siblings and parents".

And now, The Artistocrats.

Here are some photos for y'all. This is Emma and Jacqui being Rockstars at Zanziba (dodgey small nightclub where I lost my wallet) on Friday night. They are rockstars. I'm sorry Ken, but here is photographic evidence of your beautiful daughter smoking. Just in case you didn't know...
And this is Mark. He spent way too long in the Navy and has come out a bit scarred, but we love him to bits anyway. He has just been flown to Thailand because he had a kidney stone that loved Marky so much that it refused to leave it's new home.. kind of like a beneficiairy not wanting to leave a transitional shelter. OH BYRON! That's so wrong it's fucking funny.

This is one of the dude that works at the diving/aquarium place. We borrowed their boat and went snorkelling together one weekend.
This is a photo I love from the South. It's in a cool wetlands called Bundala. And yes, even there the dogs roam free.

This is a lady and her baby standing in front of a new house being built by the organisation I work for. Usually I wouldn't post this up on a blog.. I don't even know the ethics of it. But I am sure she wouldn't mind. I just like the photo. The house will be finished by the end of August.
And finally, a dragon fly photo. I don't know why I like taking photos of these insects, I think it is because they love posing for the camera. They tend to stick around quite a while and let you get really close.. and they can't bite you which is always a bonus, especially for me who is considered quite taste by insects. This is the view from the side.

And this is the view from the front.
And on that note, ta ta.

Peace, Love and Fluffy Rants

B.

2 Comments:

Blogger F. Zehra Rizvi said...

By, you know that it was my bitching at people that made me so popular at meetings. Don't you worry about it. You keep demanding shit and let them all bitch about it. Crack that whip when you need to, baby!

I like very much the comment about overcompensating by over consumption. So true. Why the hell do we feel that way? Ok, i know why we feel that way but there must be some better method of coping.

You have no idea how much I am lookng forward to seeing you jungle monkeys in a few months.

Besos y abrazos,
z

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics dude!

Man that smoke is long... Em you're a naughty munchkin. :)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who Dat Countin' Ya Hitz!?