Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Phlog, Smell and Blognotes

Essentially, there are two mediums wherby I can communicate life in Sri Lanka: text, and photos. If the sense of smell could be used, then there would be many more entries relating to bowel movements (1). However, as visual stimulisation is the only medium a blog can afford (and due to bandwidth problems, I aint touching movies with a 10foot networking cable), I shall proceed with the use of the Phlog (as defined earlier, See International Jetsetters Extraordinaire: D1). These are random photos taken at random places at random times. The only thing common throughout is the Ricoh Caplio GX and my right index finger. Enjoy.


Bundalla National Park (Wetlands): Spoonbill Stork, or something
Monkeys in bin on side of the road
Bundalla Wetland: Peacocks

Rice Paddy, Ampara:

Galle Face Hotel in Monsoonal Rains:

Lake near Nuwra Eliya, Highlands:

Flower and insect, Horton National Park:

Flying Insects - Cooler in Xray?
I personally prefer my X-ray editing (c/o Adobe Photoshop, my best friend).


(1) After five days of strictly no solid bowel movemements, I am glad to say that I am FREE! Yes, you heard me correctly, I took a dump today. And I swear, there's nothing better than the euphoria of dropping the kiddies off at the pool, especially if they have been steaming up there for five long days. Cartmen said it best, when a 60 foot sattelite came out of his arse, expressing his sincerest happiness and relating it to the worlds largest shit. I am also reading a book by Haruki Murakami (Hard Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World), which in one passage has the key character not piss for 48 hours, then he goes for two minutes and stays there enjoying the state of happiness afterwards. I too, did not want to leave that bowl of bowel goodness. (2)
(2) I was reading a book that had footnotes in it, and I thought I too will bring back the footnote. They are underutilised in this day and age, the reserve for intellectuals in their reports. When I was at university, my lecturers told me not to use footnotes. I think they are wrong, and cant think outside the square. They are essential, and I think the only way they can be brought back is by using Blognotes. The modern footnote for all bloggers.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGooooooooooosh sounds so funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! I'm so envious!!!!!!!!!!!
I miss u guys more than ever!!!!!! especially u Emma...especially when I approach my fridge! YAY!

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm the above comment was about the 'international jetsetters' set of posts...NOT really about Byron finally taking a dump...

hmmm

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would what you refer to as a "footnote" an end note!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Byron&Emma said...

Durga: Its the insects that you miss most, isn't it? 8)

Joel: It may look like an end note, sure. I can understand your confusion, but I assure you it is a blognote. It only *appears* like an end note because you cant superscript numbers (thus I am forced to use brackets) and because it is one massive page (so it all goes at the end). Otherwise, it looks *nothing* like an end note.

P.S. Your lucky I dont delete that sob of a comment. 8)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who Dat Countin' Ya Hitz!?