Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The "We Want Emma To Blog" Radical Social Movement pty.ltd.inc!

You've heard of "Make Poverty History", "Band-Aid", "Live-Aid", "Bush, another word for C***", and many other radical social movemements advocating for change. Well, it's time for a new movememtn. A progressive movement based on people power; and all your voices must be heard for change to be enacted. Get out your telephones and text; write comments to the blog; send emails (emma.waller@gmail.com) and snail mail; set up webpages; hand out leaflets; post embarassing photos of Emma and threaten not to take them off unless she blogs; protest in front of parliament; paint your pets orange; print comical liberal slogans on t-shirts; create spam that threatens bad sex for six years; set up automated telephone systems; throw pies and John Howard; build an army and claim it's for peace; and anything else in your power to have your voice heard. This could be the largest mobilisation of people since the dinosaurs ran from the meteorites! It's time for the "We Want Emma To Blog" Radical Social Movement pty.ltd.inc!

With your help, we can get Emma to get her lazy (but cute) butt into gear and post Blogs. I know what you're thinking, "But Byron, we only come here to listen to your humourous observations of that strange place called Sri Lanka". Though spare me your pitty, even Nigel has been asking for the intellectual insights that only Emma can provide (his words, I promise)!

EMMA: WE WANT YOU TO BLOG!

Until we do hear from Emma, here is a picture of her and Bill belting out Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody at Zhera's birthday party. For more photos from the party, check out Z's blog; for some really cool photos of Sri Lanka, check out Billy's blog; for useless information about nothing, don't click here.


Peace, Love and Social Movements with Guns,

Byron

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this photo is stunning of me and i'm quite happy for it to be there for the world to see.

I quite like the idea of having a social movement devoted to me. But do you understand you've just done a serious disservice to your cause.

The reason I haven't posted so far is because i want to be impressive and distinguishable. Being someone who is well aware of my own limitations, I am now even less compelled to write for the blog. Look at the expectations? I just can't do it.

Psychoanalyse my response and you will discover the one underyling factor:
1. Emma doesn't want to know that Byron is funnier and more entertaining than she is. Confusion and lack of clarity on the matter means that it will never be possible to know.

EMMA.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma, you can be the ostensibly serious one who subtly dispenses wry dry in-jokes. You will be loved and you'll also steal much of this Byron chap's fan base at the same time.

PS - I like your site. I have my own blog, dedicated to my twin passions of tax reform and arterial road design. You should check it!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it Waller, Do it... blog away... then perhaps that awful photo of us air guitaring can be removed... of please god blog Emma... I'm a professional, I have a family, they don't need to see this stuff. Help me.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boz, found a website that you might like.
www.southparkstudios.com/games/games

try the Create your own South Park Character game.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I am not usually a fan of writing comments for the world to see, but in this case, i felt there was a need. EMMA, we want you to blog.
For over a month now I have been checking each and every day to see if there have been any new additions to the blog. And every day I am disappointed. So Emma, please I am begging you, blog. For my own sanity. For my own piece of mind, EMMA we want you to blog.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, its been over a month now since the call went out and Emma has only responded with a slightly humourous comment. Give up people. We dont want to hear from Emma anyway. We all know that Byron is 'funnier and more entertaining'. So lets hear from Byron again. Sorry Emma. Just want to hear more about what you two are doing.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who Dat Countin' Ya Hitz!?